Intro to Private Instruction
Private Lessons are a great way to accelerate your learning and receive immediate feedback from a professional instructor. This intense, personalized attention gives you the opportunity to focus on mastering footwork, styling and technique. Since we have six studios, your private lesson may even be taught in the privacy of your own room (given availability).
Private lessons are available in all styles and levels of dance, who charge different rates based on their experience and training. However, we categorize each instructor into one of two categories, with pricing information below. All of our instructors are highly qualified professionals and can provide you with their credentials if needed.
You may share your lessons with a partner (one leader, one follower) at no additional fee! Registered students are welcome to 30 minutes of free warm-up/practice time in our Main Ballroom on the day of each lesson, complimentary usage of all studio amenities (changing rooms, restrooms, kitchen facilities, purified water, snacks, coffee, tea, and WIFI), and discount admission to dance events and showcases.
If you would like to make an appointment for a private lesson, please call the studio. Most private lessons are booked a week or more in advance, however same day appointments are sometimes available. Call us at (310) 534-2340 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff members can help you connect with an instructor that’s a perfect match for you.
Our Standard Instructors range from seasoned Amateurs to Rising Star Professionals, with an average of ten years of dancing experience. These instructors are generally regional or state champions/finalists who are actively competing while seeking training from our Senior Instructors.
Senior Instructors are US or world-class contenders, champions, coaches, and/or adjudicators, with over 20 years of professional competition experience and 15+ years of teaching experience. These instructors are well known throughout the competitive ballroom dance industry and will sometimes only teach those that demonstrate a passion and commitment to the craft.
Please tell us which level of instructor you desire and we will match you with the perfect person(s).
Hours for Private Lessons
Private lessons are by appointment and are scheduled based on the instructor’s availability and your convenience. We recommend once or twice per week visits in order to complete packages in a timely fashion. Appointments may be scheduled:
- Weekdays: 10am to 9pm
- Weekends: 10am to 4pm
- Outside business hours and/or Holidays: Instructor approval required
General Policy and Procedures
- The same instructor cannot always be guaranteed throughout the duration of a package.
- Classes must be paid prior to final confirmation and booking your instructor.
- Price for additional people joining the lesson: $25 per person.
- Pricing includes all taxes and fees and is not subject to any price increases throughout its term.
- Private Lessons are 45 minutes long and does not guarantee a private room.
- Visiting instructor fees will vary. Please verify any visiting instructor pricing with our staff.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Each Instructor maintains their own policies and procedures. Please check with your Instructor for details; However, the minimum expectation and policy is as follows:
- 24 hours’ notice is required in order to reschedule a lesson and avoid a full charge for that lesson.
- If a student cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice or is a no-show, they will be charged the full price of the private lesson.
- Private Lessons expire six months after purchase. Any lessons not used will be forfeited.
- ALL SALES FOR SERVICES AND GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE FINAL.
- Payments for services may be made in cash, by check, or with credit card.
- Payments made by check must be made out to “South Bay Dance Center” or “SBDC”.
- Credit card payments will be subject to a 5% processing fee.
- Gift Certificates are available in all denominations for all instructional services that we provide.
- In extreme cases, studio credit (not refunds) may be approved by management.
Pricing varies due to differing levels of expertise. We will match you with an instructor that closely matches your needs.